At Cosmetic Beauty Boutique Pty Ltd (ACN 632 132 480) trading as Cosmetic Beauty Boutique Australia (ABN 55 632 132 480)(“CBB”, “we”, “us”, our”), we want you to have the best shopping experience possible. We do our utmost to ensure that only products of the highest quality are sold through our website and related apps (“the Site”). That’s why we want to make it as easy as possible for you to return goods you purchase through the Site when necessary. This policy outlines the conditions under which we will accept a return and process a refund, and how you may ask us to do that.
This policy does not replace or exclude your rights under the Australian Consumer Laws.
- In what circumstances will you offer a refund?
We will offer you a refund, subject to the conditions outlined later in this policy, in the following circumstances.
- Your item is not what you ordered – If your product is the wrong size, wrong colour or is not reasonably consistent with the product advertisement on the Site, you may be entitled to a refund. In some cases, we may ask for you to take a photo of the product to send as evidence and/or we may ask you to return the product.
- Your item never arrived – Unfortunately, although this is rare, it can happen.
- Your item is faulty or damaged – Again, although rare, this does happen from time to time and can sometimes occur during transit. We may ask for you to take a photo of the product in this case also, and/or ask you to return the product.
We do not offer refunds merely because you change your mind about your purchase, so we encourage you to make your purchasing decisions wisely and in a considered way. Refunds will be offered only in the three circumstances outlined above.
We do not offer refunds on the following items (“non-refundable items”).
- Custom made, monogrammed, personalised, and altered products.
- Gift cards or vouchers.
- Any products where the Australian Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) has been claimed under the Tourist Refund Scheme, unless proof of repayment of the GST upon return to Australia is provided.
- An item that has been misused or used abnormally (for example, used in a manner other than that for which it was intended or to unreasonable excess).
We do not offer exchanges in any circumstances.
- Returns process
You must follow the process below for us to accept a return and process a refund.
- A refund for a product must be requested through the Site within 30 days of the day on which the product is delivered or the latest estimated date of delivery stated in the product’s advertisement, whichever is the earlier. We are under no obligation to consider a refund request made outside this timeframe or requests made relating to a non-refundable item.
- When requesting a refund, you must be able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase. We are not required to provide you with that proof of purchase to facilitate a refund, insurance or warranty claim. When you are unable to provide proof of purchase to our satisfaction, we reserve the right to refuse a refund. Things like your original purchase receipt or tax invoice, or a copy of your bank or credit card statement showing the purchase, may be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Your refund request must be submitted through the Site, by going to the listing for your order in your order history and requesting a refund.
- If required to return a product for which you are seeking a refund, print the shipping label sent to your email. (If seeking a refund on more than one product, you will receive one shipping label per item and will need to follow this procedure separately for each product.) Pack your product carefully, attach the shipping label securely on top of your package and mail it at the post office.
- Where relevant, all charges, cables, attachments, instruction manuals and/or accessories must be returned with your product.
- For clothing products, the product must be returned unworn and unused with the original tags still attached, or still in the original packaging.
- For Big & Bulky Goods, special arrangements will need to be made for the product’s return. Please contact us here to begin this process.
- Where a product is purchased with a gift or bonus offer, the gift or bonus must also be returned, unless we tell you others. If you are unable to return the gift or bonus or it is not in saleable condition, the value of any available refund will be reduced by the value of the gift or bonus.
- Where the product has been purchased as part of a bundle offers all items within the bundle must also be returned or the value of the unreturned items will be deducted from any available refund.
- Where a bonus Gift Card is issued with the purchased product, the bonus Gift Card must also be returned with the product. Where your bonus Gift Card has been redeemed in whole or in part, the redeemed amount will be deducted from your refund.
Once we have received your refund request (and, where relevant, received the product you have returned), we will consider whether you are eligible for a refund. If we decide that you are, we will return to you the amount of the purchase and the standard shipping fees. This return of funds must be made to the original payment source. (That is, we cannot provide a refund, for example, to a credit card that is not the same credit card used to purchase the product for which the refund is being given.) If your original payment source was a credit card that has since been cancelled, lost or closed, you will need to contact the card issuer for that card to ask for help in accessing your refund.
Should you opt for a credit of funds into your CBB account to offset against future purchases, your refund will not be made to your original payment source.
We do not offer refunds for special or express shipping. In some cases, the customer may be responsible for the shipping costs associated with returning the products.
Refunds may take five to 10 business days to appear in your account. If, after that time, your refund has not appeared in your account, it is recommended that you contact your bank or payment provider. If you requested a credit against your CBB account, rather than a refund, the credit will be immediately available in your CBB account after we have processed your refund request.
You can check the status of your refund request by visiting your online CBB account.
Should a Seller refuse to provide you with a refund, and you believe you are entitled to a refund in the circumstances for which a refund is offered as outlined above, you may escalate the matter to us by contacting us here.
If we, in good faith, suspect any abuse of this policy, the Site or CBB’s Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to do any one or more of the following.
- Refuse or limit any refund;
- Limit customer support;
- Limit a user’s purchase activity on the Site.
We also reserve the right to update this policy at any time without notice. The latest version of this policy will be the version viewable on the Site. We therefore encourage you to periodically check the Site for updates to this and other CBB policies.
- Your privacy
When requesting a refund, we may ask you to present photo identification, so we can record your name, identification type, identification number and expiry. We may also ask for identification that evidences your full name and signature with a future expiry date (for example, your driver’s licence or passport).
For purchases over a certain dollar value, we may also require your addres and Australian Business Number (if applicable).
We will store your personal and business information securely for a certain period of time. We may use it for the purposes of conducting sales research and analysis, or for protecting ourselves and our customers against fraud. We may also be required by law to disclose it to third parties such as government departments on request.