Why Vanity Mirrors May Be Your BEST Fashion Choice
Whether you’re a rising professional make up artist looking to hit the big time in Hollywood or just a successful business woman taking the train to work of a morning, we all want to leave the house looking beautiful, stylish and at our very best.
When you’re applying your make up of a morning before work or teasing your hair up into that perfect hair style, it can be very hard to complete your look and look fabulous at the same time with a small compact mirror or even your normal bathroom mirror.
We don’t want you to leave the house after dressing to impress only for you to take a glimpse of your reflection later and realise your foundation looks more like a mustard colour against your skin tone or that your blush looked better in your dimly lit bathroom.
It happens to the best of us and that’s where our fantastic vanity mirrors come in and may even save you from making the biggest beauty blunder of your life.
We can provide the perfect make up lighting for beauty professionals to business women who just want to leave the house looking fabulous with our gorgeous light-up vanity mirrors with stylish bulbs available for purchase here on our website.
An essential everyday-use personal grooming mirror, a vanity mirror is a fantastic tool that is used to check your appearance, apply makeup, do your hair and basically assist you to look your best.
Also, referred to as the makeup mirror, vanity mirrors come in an incredible variety of shapes and sizes. Knowing how to choose the right type of vanity mirror according to its intended application, whether for reflection, travel, gift or a beautiful home decor can be a rewarding experience.
We all know how easy it is to overlook a mirror. After all, when we look at one, we see a reflection of so many other things before we even see the mirror itself. But a good mirror is an essential component to many rooms, especially your bathroom. There are many options for size, style and shape to choose from on our website.
We’ve also composed the top reasons why you should order a vanity mirror with amazing lighting for your entire make up and beauty needs today!
- Good lighting is make up’s best friend! We’ve said it once and we will say it again, good lighting is makeup’s best friend. Having a vanity with good lighting will allow your makeup to look flawless every day of the week! That’s the whole point of a vanity mirror, isn’t it?
- It’s time to express yourself with some serious vanity! You say you don’t have the space. Well news flash you don’t need the perfect space in order to have the perfect vanity! Get creative with the space that you do have. A vanity mirror is just like an accent piece and will be perfect wherever you decide to put it! Once your masterpiece is finished and you realise you would make one amazing interior designer, you will want to share it with everyone!
3. The perfect excuse to shop more vanity and makeup essentials! Now that you have your beautiful new vanity setup you must have all your beauty essentials to be beautifully organised around it! Think of how organised you could be! The opportunities are endless and you may go a little overboard – and that’s totally okay!
4. You deserve to strut your stuff, because you are fabulous! All of the makeup you impulse bought because the packaging was just too cute to pass up; now has a purpose! Let all of those stunning designer lipsticks, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner and foundation productsbask in all of their glory on your vanity’s tabletop. Try using some of these to show off those beauties while keeping them organised.
5. Inspire yourself to relax and to give yourself more “me” time! Now that you are super organised and have your finest palettes and lipsticks on display, you will begin to use makeup you forgot you had! Hoarder or non-hoarder, impulse buyer or not, you will definitely be inspired to fill those drawers, create new looks, and spend a little more time staring at that beautiful goddess in the mirror staring back at you.
6. A vanity will give you a daily reminder of how beautiful you really are! With no regrets you will start to spend a little extra time in front of your vanity mirror. And why shouldn’t we? Use this time to appreciate yourself. Under the lighting of one of our vanity mirrors, you will be able to create and sculpt the most flawless you and build that confidence! Always remember, makeup or no makeup, you are gorgeous. Just look at that reflection!
Once you decide to take the leap and purchase a vanity mirror, we have plenty of options available on our website for all of your vanity needs. Choosing a great makeup mirror isn’t hard as long as you do some research and figure out what you want beforehand. Don’t put if off as it truly is a must-have addition to any master bathroom or even bedroom. In the end, your decision will come down to high-quality features such as magnification and built-in lights and design aesthetics.
You will need to meet logistical requirements due to the arrangement of your bathroom which will help you decide if you would prefer a wall-mounted or tabletop mirror. If your table or counter is not at the optimal height for makeup application, a wall-mounted mirror will allow you to put your reflection right where you need it. On the other hand, if you prefer to sit at a vanity, a tabletop mirror will likely be the best option as it gives you the flexibility to move it around as desired.
Choosing that perfect vanity mirror can be a hard decision and since there are so many vanity mirrors on the market, there are many factors that may need to be determined while you’re making your choice of the type of vanity mirrors. In the end, it is your personal choice and preference that matters.
Where do you want to place your mirror? There are bathroom, bedroom and portable vanity mirrors. The freestanding ones come on their own whilst some come as part of a vanity table set. The one with vanity set will be more expensive though. You can also choose to have a freestanding or wall-mounted vanity mirror.
Do you prefer a vanity mirror with lights? If so, there are many types of vanity makeup mirrors that are illuminated by LED lights, light bulbs and plugin to the main power supply, USB port chargeable, operated by batteries, or combinations. If you don’t like artificial lighting, go for the ones made to use natural light.
- Shapes, Sizes and Colours
Vanity mirrors come in many shapes (oval, square, rectangle, round), sizes and colours. You can choose a flat, double or tri fold vanity mirror, rotatable and with adjustable levels of illumination and magnification. As a bedroom decor, you may consider the colour theme and compliment with a black or white vanity mirror, or any colour of your choice.
- Hollywood Style
Inspired by Hollywood stars, women love professional celebrity-style lighted vanity makeup mirrors with light bulbs around it so they can imitate their favourite stars in applying makeup to have that glamorous look. Teenage girls normally love a Hollywood vanity mirror with lights.
Vanity mirrors with the lights are simply the best makeup mirrors for your beauty regime. The lights enable you to see the tiniest details of your face as you groom your brows, apply eyeliner, tweezing or apply concealer to those tiny spots on your face. Most manufacturers use dimmable light bulbs for professional, celebrity-style makeup mirrors as you can adjust the light distribution. Vanity mirrors with LED lights give the best possible illumination and they do not get hot even when used for longer periods of time.
The bathroom mirror is an important piece of home decor as it is used by everyone in the house multiple times on a daily basis for brushing teeth, combing hair, applying makeup, shaving and getting dressed. So how do you choose the best bathroom vanity mirror?
The mirror you choose can have a huge impact on the look of your bathroom. So consider the overall bathroom vanity cabinet and the theme of the bathroom itself when deciding on the size, colour, shape and type of your mirror.
Step 1: Check out our store
If you’re purchasing online, head over to our store and check out the huge variety of bathroom vanity mirrors on offer. You can find information on the dimensions of the mirror and its weight as well.
Step 2: Decide on the finish you want
Mirrors are made for reflection and glass is a major component. But glass is not good for reflection so it is coated using metal coatings such as silver, gold or chrome. Most mirrors are coated with non-toxic silver or aluminium. The strength of the mirror increases with thickness and so as the price you’ll pay. Durability and reflectivity are key characteristics that determine the finish or coating of the mirror. For an all-white bathroom, a chrome-polished mirror would be the best choice, as it will bounce the light from the walls, making your bathroom look more spacious. If you want a mirror with frame, choose one that matches your bathroom vanity.
Step 3: The size and shape of your mirror
The size of your bathroom and the length of your vanity’s counter top will determine the mirror size and shape. As a general rule, choose a bathroom vanity mirror that is 2 to 4 inches narrower than the vanity (which consists of the sink, its counter, and its surrounding storage). The mirror can run along the entire length of the vanity or just span the length of the sink basin. Standard mirror sizes include 24 inches, 30 inches and 36 inches and 30 and 36 inches in height. The width can vary depending on the mirror shape.
Common mirror shapes are rectangular, oval and round. A big rectangular mirror for the bathroom is a common choice. You can also have a mirror with or without a frame. Bathroom vanity mirrors with frames are very ornate and give your bathroom a trendy look and feel.
Step 4: Lights and colour
Your bathroom may need more lighting to enable you to examine your face more closely. A bathroom vanity mirror with lights will take the guesswork away and provide you with the perfect lighting you require for your makeup and dressing. The colour choice is really up to you. Be creative and choose a colour that complements your overall bathroom theme. White vanity mirror with lights compliments any colour theme.
You may find it more convenient to apply makeup in the bedroom than in the bathroom. It is more relaxing and you can take the time to meticulously attend to your beauty regime, whilst listening to yourfavourite music. Our recommendation is to have vanity mirror with the lights for the bedroom as part of your bedroom vanity. If the mirror is wall-mounted, ensure that it is not facing the bed directly as the reflections may disturb your sleep.
For more information please see our complete list of vanity mirror products.